Buy a Defibrillator
Are you looking at buying a Defibrillator for your Organisation? There are many on the market that are aimed at the non-medical environment such as manufacturing Businesses, Leisure Centres and Offices.
It is a fact of Life that whilst certain types of people are more prone to having a Heart Attack or Cardiac Arrest, they can happen absolutely anywhere and at any time. Having a Defibrillator close by can literally make the difference between life and death. A Defibrillator for use within a Business costs about £1,000, which if you put into context of a life saved, is not that much really. Multiple Businesses or shops in the same building could share the cost of buying and maintaining one, reducing the cost further.
Someone who has an out of hospital Cardiac Arrest has about a 10% Chance of survival. If defibrillation is delivered promptly, survival rates can be as high as 75%!
There are several manufacturers of Defibrillators. They all are programmed to the same International Protocols and can all be updated should those protocols change. You do not need training to use a defibrillator – if you need one, just take it, switch it on and listen, but training does take away some of the mystique and worries about using a defibrillator. Once you have been trained on one, you will be able to use any other brand just as easily. On our training courses, we try and expose you to more than one type (we currently use three different manufacturers) so that you can see the differences and also note how similar they are.
What to look for?
When you are looking to buy a defibrillator, the initial cost is obviously a consideration – although they are all pretty similar. Other points to consider are:
- Length of Warranty
- Maintenance Schedule and cost
- Ease of use
- Battery lifetime
- Pad replacement costs
What does 4 Minutes recommend?
Although we can support you whatever brand of Defibrillator you choose, we recommend the Cardiaid AED (AED stands for Automated External Defibrillator – it just means that it does all the thinking for you, you just need to press the button).
The Cardiaid AED is specifically designed for public use and is completely safe to use. Amongst its features are:
- It guides the user with clear verbal and visual instructions throughout the process
- It assists the user with CPR, including a metronome beat to guide your compression speed
- Shocks cannot be delivered unless the device assesses and determines a shockable rhythm
- It is programmed in accordance with the latest ILCOR 2015 Resuscitation Guidelines (in other words, the current Guidelines)
- The pads are pre-connected, saving time and making the process simpler
- 1-button operation. No on-off button, no time wasted
- Paediatric operation with paediatric pads (although paediatric defibrillation can be carried out using adult pads as well if no paediatric pads are available)
- 2-year maintenance schedule, checking the unit and also changing the battery and pads, so it is always in-date and maintained.
RRP £1,199 + vat, however speak with us as we can let you know about any special offers that we have negotiated.
Does 4 Minutes provide training?
We can also provide you with a training package. As we keep saying, you do not need to be trained to use one, but our courses will give you the confidence to use a Cardiaid Defibrillator – our training courses also demonstrate other brands so that you can have the confidence to use different types if you are away from your office and the Cardiaid Defibrillator.
Call us today on 0330 223 2801 / 01628 56 99 22 or contact us through the contact form for a no-obligation chat.