This is a 1-day entry level course for anyone looking after children but do not need the full 2-day OFSTED Paediatric course.
Typically this would be for Nannies and Au Pairs although babysitters, parents and grandparents would also find this course suitable
This course is the entry level Paediatric First Aid course suitable for parents, nannies and au pairs. However, if you are registering with Ofsted you will need our full two day course instead.
This course is day 1 of the two day Paediatric First aid course, so if you are looking for a Group Booking, they two courses can be combined to maximise the number of places.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
This is the syllabus for the 4 Minutes 6-hour First Aid course as laid down by the Statutory Framework
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolaemic shock)
- Help a baby or child that is suffering from anaphylactic shock