This 3-hour course is for existing First Aid at work First Aiders to help them maintain their basic skills and to keep up with any legislation changes.
This First Aid and AED Refresher is ideal for existing qualified First Aid at work First Aiders that wish to freshen up their skills. Because it is a Refresher, there is less emphasis on teaching the skills from scratch, but more recap, update and practice.
All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2016 changes. The course contents fully meets the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 where relevant as per the HSE requirements.
You can find the guidance from the HSE for all First Aid at work courses including Refreshers (Appendix 7 at the end of the document) here:
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
The HSE strongly recommends that first-aiders undertake annual refresher training during any three-year FAW/EFAW certification period. Although not mandatory, this will help qualified first-aiders maintain their basic skills and keep up-to-date with any changes to first-aid procedures
The syllabus is as follows:-
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Administer First Aid to a casualty that is choking
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is suffering from hypovolaemic shock