This 4 hour course covers the basic needs for instructors, teachers and volunteer helpers to gain First Aid knowledge in a Sports, Exercise or Dance environment
This course is a suitable course for anyone involved with low-risk sports, fitness and exercise classes. For example dance, yoga and non-contact martial arts teachers. It may also be suitable for contact martial arts teachers, however do check with your governing body and also check out our Certificate in First Aid for Sport, Exercise and Fitness course and our Emergency First Aid at Work course.
If you have specific Governing Body requirements, we advise you to check with us first or look at our compliance list here to ensure that this is the most appropriate course. Some Bodies require a higher level of First Aid knowledge such as Return to Play decisions, Maddox questions etc.
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
n/a Group Bookings only
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2016 changes.
The syllabus is as follows:-
- The role of the first aider including:
- – the importance of preventing cross infection
- – the need for recording incidents and subsequent action
- Legislation interpretation for First Aiders
- Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
- Unconscious casualty management – including Recovery Position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a non-breathing casualty
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
- First aid for a casualty that has been injured and is bleeding
- First Aid for soft tissue injuries – strains and sprains
- First Aid for suspected fractures
- First Aid for Head injuries – Concussion and compression