Anyone can be affected by a mental health condition either themselves or a family member, friend or colleague.
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help.
This 4 hour course provides an insight into Mental Health issues in the Workplace and students will learn how to understand the issues and recognise when somebody needs support within their workplace. It also gives signposting advice
Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health.
This course is available as a Group Booking anywhere in the UK, however Open courses for individual places are only run from our Training Centre in Berkshire.
All Certificates issued are in electronic (PDF) format. They will be sent to the person (or organisation) that organised the Booking in order for them to be distributed to the student(s).
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue. Click here for venue requirements
Whilst we try and maintain a fixed cost for our courses, our prices may be subject to an additional fuel charge if your location is a distance away from our nearest trainer to you.
There is a £50 supplement per day if that day is a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
- Define mental health
- Indicate understanding of the stigma surrounding mental health
- Identify factors that can affect a person’s mental health
- Understand the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Outline the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Identify signs of stress
- State how stress can be managed
- Identify signs and symptoms of the following
- Eating disorders
- Self Harm