Sometimes an off-the-shelf course is not the best solution. For instance:-
- You need a First Aid at Work qualification but also need training for looking after secondary school age children (e.g. Activity Centre)
- You only need a one-day course but also need some information on soft tissue injuries (e.g. Dance teacher)
- You have a recognised need for specific skills such as Anaphylaxis treatment or extremes of temperature but don’t need the full 3-day First Aid at Work
In these cases a Bespoke course is the answer. We can tailor a course to your needs. Whilst we will always cover the essentials, the remaining time can be used to your advantage.
Typical additional topics can be Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Heart Conditions and so on.
Attendees will get a Certificate of attendance listing topics covered and stating that the skills learnt are valid for three years.
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Duration as required
Maximum students per course
n/a Group Bookings only
The Bespoke First Aid course can cover a number of topics tailored to you and based on the time available. Core subjects will include
- The role of the first aider including the importance of preventing cross infection
- Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
- Recovery Position for an unconscious, breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for an unconscious, non-breathing casualty
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
- First aid for a casualty that has been injured and is bleeding
After that, we can include any First Aid topics that you wish within the time available. For example:
- Heart conditions – angina, heart attack
- Soft tissue injuries
- Head injuries
- Extremes of temperature
and so on.