This course is suitable for everyone but has been designed to help employers to provide a positive mental health culture within the workplace and to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge on a range of the most common mental health conditions and the skills to be able to act should a condition be suspected.
This 6 hour course provides an insight into Mental Health issues in the Workplace and students will learn how to understand the issues and recognise when somebody needs support within their workplace. It also gives signposting advice. It builds on the 4-hour course by adding the understanding of substance abuse and teaching how to establish a positive Mental health culture in the Workplace.
Students will learn what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health.
Learners undertaking this course will be considered First Aiders for Mental Health and be a point of contact within the workplace to help and support those with a suspected mental health condition.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health.
This course is available as a Group Booking anywhere in the UK, however Open courses for individual places are only run from our Training Centre in Berkshire.
All Certificates issued are in electronic (PDF) format. They will be sent to the person (or organisation) that organised the Booking in order for them to be distributed to the student(s).
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue. Click here for venue requirements
Whilst we try and maintain a fixed cost for our courses, our prices may be subject to an additional fuel charge if your location is a distance away from our nearest trainer to you.
There is a £50 supplement per day if that day is a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
- Define mental health
- Indicate understanding of the stigma surrounding mental health
- Identify factors that can affect a person’s mental health
- Understand the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Outline the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Identify signs of stress
- State how stress can be managed
- Identify signs and symptoms of the following
- Eating disorders
- Self Harm
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- State potential effects of alcohol and drug abuse on a person’s mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
- Demonstrate the application of the first aid action plan for mental health
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the work place
- State key factors in providing a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace