This is a 1-day entry level course for anyone looking after children but do not need the full 2-day OFSTED Paediatric course.
Typically this would be for Nannies and Au Pairs although babysitters, parents and grandparents would also find this course suitable
This is a Level 3 Accredited Qualification, recognised Nationally. When comparing prices, non-accredited qualifications are cheaper, however you need to make sure that they meet National Standards and be able to show this during an OfSTED inspection. Sometimes cheaper can be a false saving.
This course is the entry level Paediatric First Aid course suitable for parents, nannies and au pairs. However, if you are registering with Ofsted you will need our full two day course instead.
This course is day 1 of the two day Paediatric First aid course, so if you are looking for a Group Booking, the two courses can be combined to maximise the number of places.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
All Certificates issued are in electronic (PDF) format. They will be sent to the person (or organisation) that organised the Booking in order for them to be distributed to the student(s).
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
£1-6 people £495, 7-12 people £550
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
This is the syllabus for the 4 Minutes 6-hour First Aid course as laid down by the Statutory Framework
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolaemic shock)
- Help a baby or child that is suffering from anaphylactic shock