The course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but is aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.
This course builds on the 6-hour Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health course and covers a wider range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
A range of subjects are covered including:
What is First Aid for Mental Health?
Identifying mental health conditions
Providing advice and starting a conversation
Drugs and alcohol
First Aid for Mental Health action plan
First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health.
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
- Define mental health
- Indicate understanding of the stigma surrounding mental health
- Identify factors that can affect a person’s mental health
- Understand the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Outline the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Identify signs of stress
- State how stress can be managed
- Identify signs and symptoms of the following
- Eating disorders
- Self Harm
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- State potential effects of alcohol and drug abuse on a person’s mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
- Demonstrate the application of the first aid action plan for mental health
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the work place
- State key factors in providing a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail