This First Aid course is ideal for groups wanting a basic First Aid course without the formality of a full First Aid at Work course. We can tailor some content to your needs.
This course is suitable for anyone needing to know the basics of First Aid in the workplace, where there is not the requirement for a trained First Aider. For instance, if the Business only needs an ‘Appointed Person’ or already has enough First Aiders but is conscientious enough to want to train extra staff.
It is Not a (emergency) First Aid at work Requalification or Refresher. If you need to Requalify because your certificate is expiring or has expired, look at our Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work courses.
This would suit Clubs and Societies as well as Businesses where First Aid At Work requirements are already met (or not needed) and feel that more staff should be trained.
All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to the same standards where possible as First Aid at Work topics. The course contents fully meets the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 where relevant.
Attendees with be issued with a Certificate, valid for 3 years. These will usually be sent to the course Organiser for distribution after the event as the course content may vary and topics covered are printed on the Certificate.
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
The syllabus is as follows:-
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Administer First Aid to a casualty that is choking
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Open Forum if time to cover bespoke topics