This course is designed specifically for Rambling and walking Groups and their leaders.
It covers typical incidents that are likely to happen.
This course is designed specifically for ramblers and walkers, generally not too far from civilisation. It covers typical injuries that might be sustained on a walk, but without the Workplace requirements. It is not suitable for more vigorous activities, or for activities off the beaten track, for which our 16 hour Outdoor Pursuits course would be more suited. Leaders meeting NGB requirements should also consider the 16 hour Outdoor Pursuits course.
This is a 5 hour course, with a 1 hour optional bolt-on
5 hour course: £500
1-hour add-on £50
All Certificates issued are in electronic (PDF) format. They will be sent to the person (or organisation) that organised the Booking in order for them to be distributed to the student(s).
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
5 or 6 hours
Maximum students per course
n/a Group Bookings only
£500 / 550
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue. Click here for venue requirements
Whilst we try and maintain a fixed cost for our courses, our prices may be subject to an additional fuel charge if your location is a distance away from our nearest trainer to you.
There is a £50 supplement per day if that day is a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
Basic Life Support section – common to all First Aid Courses
- The role of the first aider including the importance of preventing cross infection
- Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
- Recovery Position for an unconscious, breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for an unconscious, non-breathing casualty
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
Walking and hiking specific problems
- Bleeding and Shock
- Strains & sprains
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Asthma and diabetes
Optional add-on (1 hour)
This can be tailored, if required but these are suggestions for the extra hour
- Heart Attack